Windows Movie Maker is user-friendly and fast video editing software by Microsoft. It is a part of Windows Essentials software suite and offers the ability to create and edit videos as well as to publish them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr.
If you don’t have Windows Movie Maker installed on your computer, you can download it here and install. WMM is freeware program.
In this tutorial, we will show you, how to use Movie Maker
Part 5 – How to add titles in Movie Maker
- If you want to have titles at the beginning of movie select the first scene. For final titles select the last scene. In the Home tab select Title
- New “black” scene will be added in front of the selected scene including title window. You can now edit the text, resize it, move the text window in the preview frame.
- You can also create text effect. Just choose the effect you want in the toolbar.
- In the toolbar, you can modify also text duration, background, transparency and other attributes.
- You can also change the background image for titles scene. Just drag and drop your picture you want to use to the title scene and add Caption from Home panel.
- You can also create a scene with credits at the end of the movie. Just click on Credits on the Home panel
- Every text field can be moved in the timeline, just drag it and move. You can also change text duration.
You can continue:
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 1 – How to create new project
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 2 – How to import movies and photos
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 3 – How to cut video
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 4 – How to add transitions or animations
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 5 – How to add titles
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 6 – How to export your video