In this tutorial, we will show you, how to create a panorama with Microsoft ICE from your photos. There is really simple and free way how to do it. You can compose your photos into the panoramic picture with Microsoft ICE. Microsoft ICE is a free program and can be downloaded from Microsoft research site. There is an available version for 32 and also 64bit operating system. During the installation, you will be prompted for an additional installation of Visual C++, but the complete installation process is really fast and you must download in total only 8MB of data.
How to create a panorama with Microsoft ICE:
- Download Microsoft ICE here and install it.
- After installation, open the program.
- Select all your photos you want to use for panorama creation and drag and drop them into Microsoft ICE desktop.
- The application will immediately evaluate all pictures and in few seconds will show you a preview of the completed panorama.
- Panorama is composed in one of six possible approach, which is at the beginning automatically chosen. If you are not satisfied with the created panorama, you can change the default setting.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you can easily move the selection rectangle and crop the picture. You can also crop the picture automatically by choosing in the crop menu.
- In case you take the photos “from hand”, you can use Rotating Motion mode and set the projection you want.
- Once you are done, you can save your panorama in one of the available format. On Export bar, you can also change the size of picture.
- You can export your panorama into Microsoft Photosynth web service. This gives you possibility to see your panorama in 3D view with limitation depending on how many pictures you use for panorama creation. Microsoft Photosynth is also free service with user friendly interface.