Sometimes things go wrong and you need to restore your iPhone and get it working again using Recovery Mode. Check out this tutorial on how to get into recovery mode on iPhone 8 and perform the restore.
How to get into recovery mode on iPhone 8:
- Connect your iPhone 8 to your Mac or PC with a Lightning to USB cable.
- Press and release the Volume Up button >> press and release the Volume Down button >> and press and hold the Side button until your device reboots. Continue holding the Side button, even after you see the Apple logo appear.
- Release the Side button once you see the Connect to iTunes logo appear on the iPhone’s display.
- Launch iTunes, and you should see a message stating that “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored.” From there, you can choose to Update or Restore your iPhone’s software.
- To exit out of recovery mode, press and hold the Side button until the Connect to iTunes logo disappears.
Infographic How to get into recovery mode on iPhone 8
click to enlarge