Do you want to know how to download a Facebook data about you? There are billions of people having their account active on Facebook and the number increases day by day. In the wake of revelations made about Cambridge Analytica and the tens of millions of Facebook profiles they harvested for the benefit of political campaigns, you might want to take a closer look at what Facebook has on you. Users can download and archive their own data from Facebook by going to their Facebook settings.
How to download a Facebook data about you:
- Go to Facebook.com/settings
- Tap “Download a copy of your Facebook data.”
- Tap “Start My Archive.”
- Enter your password and press Submit.
- You will get the information that it will take some time, press Start My Archive.
- You will see the information that Facebook will send you an email once gathering your data will be finished.
- It might take a few minutes, but Facebook will alert you via email when your archive is ready. Just open the email and click on the link.
- Click “Download Archive” and a zip file will download to your computer.
- Re-enter your password again and press submit. Your archive will be downloaded to your computer.
- Open the archive file.
- Browse through that archive by opening each file inside the folder.