In this article, you can find some effective ways how to fix a scratched DVD or Blu-ray so that they can work again.
How to fix a scratched DVD or Blu-ray with toothpaste:
- Get some toothpaste (eg. Crest for Kids) and your scratched disc.
- Put a few dots of toothpaste on the disc, enough to cover but not be too goopy.
- Using your fingers or cleaning cloth (eg. for eyeglass cleaning), buff the disc, until the toothpaste is partly dry and tacky feeling. Put some pressure on it, you want to really rub it in well.
- Rinse well with warm water, it comes off easily.
- Pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Try it on your DVD player
How to fix a scratched DVD or Blu-ray with banana:
- Cut a small piece of a ripe banana and rub it on the disc in a spiral motion.
- Then rub the disc with the banana peel spirally and gently.
- After that, wipe the disc surface with a soft cloth.
How to fix a scratched DVD or Blu-ray with peanut butter:
- Peanut butter can help repairing the scratched discs owing to the oiliness and stickiness, which will help smooth out the surface of the DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Use creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy ones.
How to fix a scratched DVD or Blu-ray with hair gel:
- Some users claim this method works well to remove more stubborn scratches.
- Rub a small amount lightly into the offending areas, and make sure to clean things off completely before trying your disc again.
How to fix a scratched DVD or Blu-ray with commercial disc repair liquid:
- Ok, this method is not so funny as previous, but it works also.
- There are many disc repair liquids in electronic stores. You can find some and follow the instructions to fix your scratched discs.