If you are creative, you can make many types of Advent wreaths at home and decorate according to your taste. Today we will show you how to make an advent wreath from cloth. This advent wreath is great for example for decorating of the front door.
The Advent wreath is part of our long-standing Catholic tradition. The symbolism of the Advent wreath is beautiful. The Advent wreath is a circular garland of evergreen branches representing eternity. On that wreath, four or five candles are typically arranged. During the season of Advent, one candle on the wreath is lit each Sunday as a part of the Advent services.
You will need:
- Basic sewing tools, sewing machine
- cotton wool
- decorations according to your imagination (e.g. Bow)
How To Make An Advent Wreath From Cloth:
- Cut off 3 strips of 7.5 x 75 cm (3 x 29.5 inches) from the fabric. We need 3 strips per wreath. We used two different fabrics for this advent wreath.
- Fold the stripes and stitch long side and one end with a straight stitch.
- Fill the prepared tubes with cotton wool. It has to be hard 😀
- Stitch the ends to keep the cotton wool inside.
- Stitch together one end of all tubes.
- Make a braid from tubes. Form it into a circle shape.
- Staple the ends manually together to keep the circle shape.
- Decorate the wreath according to your imagination. You create also your own Bow For A Wreath