DIY projects are fun and amazing activities. YouTube channel DaveHax has yet again created another mesmerizing video that will allow readers to create a microphone by making use of a matchbox along with some pencil lead.
Items that you will need to carry out this amazing feat include a
- crocodile clips
- headset or a speaker
How To Create A Microphone Using A Matchbox:
- First of all, take out the drawer from the matchbox and make use of a sharp pencil for poking two holes onto each end of the drawer.
- Now, split the pencil into two parts by using a sharp knife to remove the graphite. Now scrap a flat surface on one side by running a blade up and down the graphite.
- Insert the graphite with the flat surface facing up into one of the holes in matchbox drawer (look at the picture). Repeat with the other hole as well.
- Now take a smaller piece of graphite and place it flat-side-down on the top of these two longer pieces.
- Connect a 9V battery to the microphone via crocodile clips.
- Connect the other terminal of the battery to one channel of the earphone jack and connect a third clip between the other side of the microphone and the tip of the earphone jack.
- Now connect the other battery terminal to one channel of the earphone jack. Connect a third clip between the other side of the microphone, and the tip of the earphone jack.
- Put the earphones on and tap the matchbox. You can extend the microphone’s range by making use of a speaker wire. Amazing, right?
Share this post: