The small knot, or Oriental knot or Kent knot, is the simplest method of tying a necktie. Some people don’t like these necktie knots because these necktie knots end up with their narrow ends inside out. Small knot tying is easy with our step by step tutorial.
How to Tie a Small Knot:
*Click to enlarge
Video instruction for Small Knot
Step by step instruction for Small knot with pictures
- Drape the necktie around your collar with the seam facing inward.
- Cross wide end under narrow end.
- Necktie wide end turn front of necktie narrow end.
- Bring the wide end back up through the loop between your tie and collar.
- Now slip the wide end through the loop that you created.
- Tighten knot and center with both hands. Tip: make sure to pull the wide end down while you’re pulling up on the part of the wide end that went up through the hole between your neck and the necktie
Other Tie Knots on How2db.com:
- How to Tie a Half Windsor Knot
- How to Tie a Windsor Knot
- How to Tie a Four in Hand Knot
- How to Tie a Small (Oriental, simple, Kent) Knot
- How to Tie a Kelvin Knot
- How to Tie a Pratt Knot
- How to Tie a Prince Albert Knot
- How to Tie a Van Wijk Knot
- How to Tie a Trinity Knot
- How to Tie a Murrell Knot
- How to Tie a Balthus Knot