Do you need to repair or fix a corrupt Microsoft Office document? Sometimes when opening an MS Office document, you will give you an error stating that the document cannot be read because it is corrupt or because there is some other problem with the file.
How To Repair Damaged Microsoft Office Document:
- First, backup your corrupted file. There’s a chance that you could destroy the file while trying to recover it.
- Open the application for which is file dedicated (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, …)
- Go to Start -> Open
- Find the corrupted file you want to repair
- Select in drop-down menu next to the Open button Open and Repair
- You will be asked if you want to repair file or extract data. Select Repair
- If everything goes well and the file is repairable, you will get a confirmation message.
- If the file cannot be repaired, you can try to extract data (Step 6). Sometimes can help to open the file on another computer.