Windows Movie Maker is user-friendly and fast video editing software by Microsoft. It is a part of Windows Essentials software suite and offers the ability to create and edit videos as well as to publish them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr. In this tutorial, we will show you, how to import movies and photos to Movie Maker.
If you don’t have Windows Movie Maker installed on your computer, you can download it here and install. WMM is freeware program.
Part 2 – How to import movies and photos to Movie Maker:
- To import your video to WMM you have several possibilities. If you open a new project and you don’t have any video uploaded, you can just click on the icon on the timeline frame and select your video file. You can also simply drag and drop your video file from file explorer to the timeline.
- Windows Movie Maker will prepare your video for editing. This can take few seconds, or few minutes, depending on length and quality of your video file.
- Once your video file is inserted, program is ready for editing.
- You can add in the same way pictures and audio files
- Your pictures will be shown as separate movie scenes, music will be added to movie clip as sound bar.
You can continue:
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 1 – How to create new project in Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 2 – How to import movies and photos to Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 3 – How to cut video in Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 4 – How to add transitions or animations in Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 5 – How to add titles in Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 6 – How to export your video from Movie Maker