Windows Movie Maker is user-friendly and fast video editing software by Microsoft. It is a part of Windows Essentials software suite and offers the ability to create and edit videos as well as to publish them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr. In this tutorial, we will show you, how to create new project in Movie Maker.
If you don’t have Windows Movie Maker installed on your computer, you can download it here and install. WMM is freeware program.
Part 1 – How to create new project in Movie Maker:
- Open Windows Movie Maker
- You will see program window splited to 3 main sections – 1) Movie preview 2) Timeline 3) Toolbar
- You have now opened new, empty project. We recommend to save your project periodically. You can save your project by clicking File > Save project as > Choose the location and filename
- New project is saved, now you can save your project periodically during your work when you click on disc icon at upper left corner
- If you want to close actual project and create a new one, choose File > New project
You can continue:
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 1 – How to create new project in Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 2 – How to import movies and photos to Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 3 – How to cut video in Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 4 – How to add transitions or animations in Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 5 – How to add titles in Movie Maker
- How to use Movie Maker – Part 6 – How to export your video from Movie Maker