The 140-character limit is Twitter’s defining feature and also its most controversial. But Twitter’s iconic 140-character limit for tweets may be on the way out. Twitter announced, that they are testing the new 280 characters limit. But for now, the feature is just a test, meaning only a limited number of users have been allowed the chance to tweet with more than the standard 140 characters. In this article, we will show you, how to increase Twitter character limit to 280.
UPDATE 10.10.17 – This approach is not working anymore, Twitter fixed the hole 🙁
How to enable 280 characters on Twitter:
- Go to https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/ and go to Log in
- Log into your Twitter account
- Now go to New Tweet (upper left corner). You will see that your character limit is 140.
- Open Developer Tools with F12 key (or More >> More tools >> Developer tools)
- Go to Sources >> Snippets >> + New snippet
- Now go to This Github page and copy the code (we used the second code)
- And paste the code into blank snippet window and press Play button
- That’s it! Now you have activated 280 characters via TweetDeck!
- Close the developer console (F12) and TWEET!