Instagram is a great way to stay up-to-date on the lives of your friends and family, but sometimes enough is enough. If you’d like to temporarily disable or permanently delete Instagram account, we will show you how.
Temporarily Disable Instagram Account
- Head over to the Instagram website on your PC.
- Tap on your profile.
- Head to “edit profile”.
- Click on “Temporary Disable my account” on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Now, you will be asked why you want to leave Instagram. Give an explanation.
- Enter your password when asked and click on “Temporary Disable your account”.
That’s all! Your account will be disabled temporarily.
Delete Instagram Account Permanently
- Head to “Delete your account” page.
- Log in with your user ID and password.
- Choose the reason for deactivation of your Instagram account.
- Enter your Instagram password and click on “Permanently delete my account”.
That’s all! Your Instagram account will now be permanently deleted.