If you are creative, you can make many types of Easter wreaths at home and decorate according to your taste. Today we will show you how to sew an Easter wreath from cloth. This easter wreath is great for example for decorating of the front door.
You will need:
- Basic sewing tools, sewing machine
- cotton wool
- decorations according to your imagination (e.g. Bow)
How to to sew an Easter wreath from cloth:
- Cut off 3 strips of 10 x 110 cm (3.9 x 43 inches) from the fabric. We need 3 strips per wreath. We used two different fabrics for this easter wreath.
- Fold the stripes and stitch long side and one end with a straight stitch.
- Turn the cloth upside down and fill the prepared tubes with cotton wool. It has to be hard 😀
- Stitch the ends to keep the cotton wool inside.
- Stitch together one end of all tubes.
- Make a braid from tubes. Form it into a circle shape.
- Staple the ends manually together to keep the circle shape.
- Now we will prepare some cloth flowers. Cut out of a cloth 10cm diameter circle.
- Cut the circle halfway.
- Stitch the outer part of the circle.
- Turn the semicircle upside down.
- Manually stitch the straight side and tighten the thread.
- Sew leaves together.
- Attach the knob to them and your flowers are done.
- Decorate the wreath with the flowers. You can create also your own Bow For A Wreath
Share this post: