Flapjacks, griddlecakes, pancakes, hot cakes—whatever you call them, they’re delicious. Here is one simple recipe, how to prepare pancakes.
- Flour, 1 cup
- Baking powder, 1 tsp
- Baking soda, 1/2 tsp
- Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Egg, 1
- Milk, 1 cup
- Butter, melted,1 tbsp
- Shift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter.
- Now mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter. When your pan is at a heated up pour a small amount of batter, about 1/4 cup.
- When you see bubble forming on your pancake it’s ready to be flipped!
- Cook each side for 3-6 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with delicious maple syrup!
- For blueberry pancakes, sprinkle fresh or thawed frozen blueberries over the batter after you pour it on the griddle. Mixing frozen blueberries into the batter before scooping will turn it blue and streaky.
- A grated apple mixed into the batter will keep the pancakes moist longer if you need to cook them ahead and bring them to the table all at once