In this simple recipe we will show you how to make basic Deviled Eggs. These deviled eggs are perfect for potlucks, tailgates, and summer suppers.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Garnish – paprika
How to make Basic Deviled Eggs:
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain immediately and fill the saucepan with cold water and ice. Tap each egg firmly on the counter until cracks form all over the shell. Peel under cold running water.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise. Add relish, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir well. Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites. Garnish, if desired.
Share this post: